CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Where Do I Begin...

We arrived on Tuesday the 12th.  Tuesday was a long day for Sophia.  She woke up at 530am to go to the airport and didn't go to sleep until 8pm Hawaii time (10pm PST) with no nap.  We were hoping that she would take a nap on the plane but she was too excited and wanted to play instead.  Once we arrived we picked up our car at the port, it was pretty surreal driving our car on Maui.  We usually have a rental car.  We arrived at our new home for the next couple of weeks (the Kence's --> Christina's sister's house). Here is a picture of us after we arrived.


The last couple of days we've been relaxing and getting adjusted.  In the morning and the evening we sit on the second story lanai watching the whales jump.  We got Hawaiian license plates for our car (now I can go surf and have no worries) as well as going to the store, etc...

I checked in with my new work, the Ka'anapali Beach Club on Friday and will start work on January 18th.  I can't tell you how excited I am to be working normal hours while staring at the ocean all day, but most importantly NO BLACKBERRY!!!

Tonight was great.  We got fish tacos from the local fish market and went to one of our favorite beaches (Kahana Sunset) to watch the sunset.  It is a beautiful private beach (luckily we know the code) and to the left is the island of Lanai (first picture) and the second picture is the island of Molokai.  You can see them both from Kahana Sunset beach.  Needless to say, we're enjoying our time here.  Tomorrow is a big day for Sophia as she's having a birthday party at the beach tomorrow.  --Walter








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to paradise :0) SO happy to have you all here, as it's been a long time coming... and now my dream has finally come true! xoxo ~ Paula

christine said...

I'm glad to see you have made it safely. This is so exciting. You are so lucky. I'm glad you are doing this blog, so we can keep up on how you are doing and be apart of your adventure.

Mary J. said...

Dear Sophia,
I miss you! Can you come out to play?
Love, Tess

P.S. I showed Tess the blog and she said can we go see her? Thought you'd appreciate the sweetness of her sentiment, she misses her friend! Church was sad without you there! Love, Mary

Anonymous said...

Great blog guys...a fun way to keep in touch and live vicariously through you! So excited that you made this move - quite a brave and exciting one - we are a tad envious! Wishing you much happiness there and can't wait to come visit! XOXO The Wolters

Post a Comment